The road to a successful show and increased non-dues revenue can be bumpy, as the United Motorcoach Association (UMA) and its event partner, NaylorCMG recently experienced. But a few speed bumps don’t signal a dead end. A strategic exhibit sales plan, attentive customer service, and hard work led the event partners to reach their sales goals and continue offering an exciting show for attendees.
This month’s leadership spotlight shines on Robert L. Johnson, founder of the RLJ Companies and one of America’s most successful media, business and entertainment moguls. What you may not know about Johnson is that his earlier career included working in the association world.
Association Adviser Polls
- Customer Service Roles and International Goals at the UMA Motorcoach EXPO
- Have a Passion For Your Cause
- Exploring Advocacy: How to join and persevere for a cause
- Best of the Web – July 2014
- Advocacy Do’s and Don’ts
- Lobbying and Advocacy News Is Tops for Association Professionals
- Moderating Discussions in the Modern World
- How Birthday Cake and Reserved Parking Spots Can Increase Productivity