The term “attendee” is outdated. At today’s meetings, “participant” is a much more accurate term. That’s because today’s participants are more engaged in the meetings experience than ever.
There’s another audience besides members that deserves some TLC: new association staff. These are the people who take care of the day-to-day operations that sustain an association, so it’s important that veteran staff and board members quickly onboard and sustain them in their new responsibilities.
Association Adviser Polls
- Are You Engaging Your Meeting Participants?
- How to Welcome New Staff to Your Association
- John Graham on Mobile, Agility and Association Pay
- The Power of Live Events (and Shuttle Buses)
- Best of the Web: August 2014
- Changing the Conversation – Meetings Mean Business
- Filling the Workforce Skills Gap
- ASAE’s Closing Luncheon Looks to the Future